(showing 1-10 of 24)
I have looked back on situations and thought that I could have handled a few differently and probably better. Jim Evans#Differently 66
Jim Evans#Differently 66
Game management is accomplished by staying constantly alert and then reading and reacting to potential problem situations before they materialize. It all boils down to paying attention to details. Jim Evans#Accomplished 64
Jim Evans#Accomplished 64
I attribute my success to my mental approach to the game. I have always been a serious student of umpiring. I enjoy studying rules, situations, and positioning. Jim Evans#Success 62
Jim Evans#Success 62
The vast majority of people who watch baseball can properly call 95% of all plays that happen on the field. My job is to teach you how to call the other 5%. Jim Evans#Baseball 58
Jim Evans#Baseball 58
As a youngster, I played in Little League, Pony League, and all sorts of amateur baseball programs growing up. Jim Evans#Amateur 56
Jim Evans#Amateur 56
Most plays that are missed by the umpire are caused by the umpire not reading those cues early enough and making the proper adjustments. Jim Evans#Caused 52
Jim Evans#Caused 52
Minor league umpires are evaluated in their respective leagues each year and rated numerically. This enables umpires to know where they stand and helps them make prudent career decisions. Jim Evans#Career 52
Jim Evans#Career 52
The Florida State League was considered the top A-league back then. You played in the spring training parks of major league teams, traveled throughout some great cities in Florida, and the pay was the best in A-ball. Jim Evans#Best 49
Jim Evans#Best 49
I literally paid my way through the University of Texas with my umpiring. Jim Evans#Literally 40
Jim Evans#Literally 40
I had a great first year and Mr. MacDonald was my biggest supporter. He gave me the encouragement I needed that first year to get my career started on a positive note. Jim Evans#Career 35
Jim Evans#Career 35
Forgotten your password?
New to AllAuthor.
Already have an account.