Ask Naomi Valkyrie a question

Naomi Valkyrie

Naomi Valkyrie

Paranormal Romance Fantasy
    • AllAuthor AllAuthor 3 years ago
      Allauthor
    • Have you ever experienced "Writer's Block"? Any tips you would like to share to overcome it?
      • Naomi Valkyrie Naomi Valkyrie 3 years ago
        Follow
        Author
      • Because I am neurodivergent, I experience challenges with PDA and Executive Dysfunction, both of which can simulate writer's block. For myself, I roll with it. If my brain isn't wanting to write, I give myself a few days to work it out. That is the only way it works for me. I don't fight with it. I don't force it. I wait until the muse speaks again. Giving myself permission to accept where my brain is gets me much better results than trying to push myself to do something my brain isn't ready to do.
        Follow
        Author
      • For me the most difficult part of my artistic process is the fact that I have a neurodivergent brain style. In a lot of ways being neurodivergent is a gift. It helps me create in unique ways. However, it can be challenging too. A lot of writing information and writing platforms out there are designed for neurotypical brain styles, so I have to find workarounds for myself. That can be frustrating at times.
        Follow
        Author
      • While writing my first book, I discovered all the things that worked and didn't work for me. I tossed all of the things that didn't work, regardless of whether it was highly recommended or not, and stuck with all of the things that did work. Freeing up time to focus on what was working gave me time to get books out to readers more quickly.
    • AllAuthor AllAuthor 3 years ago
      Allauthor
    • Writing can be an emotionally draining and stressful pursuit. Any tips for aspiring writers?
        Follow
        CurrentAuthor
      • First, give yourself time. Plan your goals with wiggle room so you have time to address any mistakes or emergencies that might come up. Second, don't compare your writing journey with anyone else's. Your experience will be unique to you.
  • Click to comment..

Error:

Warning:

To Boost your book promotion
Feature Your Book
on AllAuthor