Ask Mike James a question

Mike James

Mike James

Historical Fiction African American Interest
    • AllAuthor AllAuthor 3 years ago
      CurrentAllauthor
    • How do you think concepts such as Kindle, and e-books have changed the present or future of reading?
      • Mike James Mike James 3 years ago
        Follow
        Author
      • It's turned wanna-be authors into self publishers, and at the same time, it's put vanity publishers on notice that their model of paying for publishing is on the way out. There's no reason for any author to pay to get their book published. I thought vanity publishing was my only route to getting my book published, and I didn't have the thousands of dollars to make it happen. Kindle and other online publishers allows authors to realize their dreams of having their book shown to the general public. And that, in and of itself is a plus for book readers. They get to discover new authors that never would have been discovered otherwise.
    • AllAuthor AllAuthor 3 years ago
      Allauthor
    • Have you ever incorporated something that happened to you in real life into your novels?
      • Mike James Mike James 3 years ago
        Follow
        Author
      • "Hollywood House" was inspired by my experiences growing up on Long Island during the early days of "Hip-Hop" music. This was before Jay-Z, before Puff Daddy, before Public Enemy, before Yo! MTV Raps, before rap music went mainstream. I could have taken it to the next level, but decided college was more important. I decided to reminisce about those days in the late 90's and wrote the story as a screenplay. After years of putting it off, I converted it to book form, and here we are.
  • Click to comment..

Error:

Warning:

To Boost your book promotion
Feature Your Book
on AllAuthor