Ask Nobuhle Ngema a question

Nobuhle Ngema

Nobuhle Ngema

Mystery Romance Fantasy Teen & Young Adult Children's
      • Nobuhle Ngema Nobuhle Ngema 2 years ago
        Follow
        Author
      • Reading the book without finishing it. Again, selecting certain books to read. Jefferson once said on his interview that we should step out of our comfort zone and read books we've never read.
        Follow
        Author
      • It has changed tremendously. And what helped me was reading other books by different authors in their different genres. This is crucial for a writer because you learn different styles of writing. So it's true, there's no writer without a reader. Everything in the writer's life begins with reading.
        Follow
        Author
      • Art is everything, art is life. Today's generation is more aware of that. This is why you'd find the art spaces created and more platforms to promote artists, even a child wanting to pursue art as a career. So as technology keeps evolving, we get more exposed to information, it's just a matter of utilising it.
    • AllAuthor AllAuthor 2 years ago
      Allauthor
    • How do you think concepts such as Kindle, and e-books have changed the present or future of reading?
        Follow
        Author
      • It made life a lot easier because printing a book is very expensive for one. Again, the beauty of technology! Platforms such as kindle and e-books brought change in a way that we read and write. We are now able to purchase books anytime we want to read, which makes it easier to carry them everywhere we go. Also, the beauty of it is that hyperlinks also in these digital texts makes it a lot more easier to navigate while reading websites, blogs etc.
      Allauthor
    • If you could choose three people to invite for a dinner party, who would they be and why?
        Follow
        Author
      • Firstly, my mother. She's never left my corner since my writing journey. She supported me in every way she could as if she could see the vision I had. She's been my wavering love and strong support system. The second person would be Khayelihle Shange. He always mentions my name in a room full of opportunities. I got to be given a platform to talk about my book in a community radio station because of him. I can't forget him. And I hope he knows and understands how grateful I am. And the last person I wouldn't stammer to invite would be Shante Van Zyl. There's a lot I could say. She's simply my answered prayers.
        Follow
        Author
      • Career. Writing is my first love and I've always been passionate about it, but I've always been versatile and never really focused on one thing. I'm a multitasker.
        Follow
        Author
      • It's very important. The cover attracts one to even look at the title. So it's very crucial for a cover and title of a book to be attractive and catchy.
      Allauthor
    • Have you ever experienced "Writer's Block"? Any tips you would like to share to overcome it?
        Follow
        CurrentAuthor
      • Yes, I have.. just like every writer. Tip I would give is to take a break and find out what's working for you. I take a walk and listen to music and it always works.
        Follow
        Author
      • Waiting for verification of whether your concept has value. And this comes after the hard work of creativity and contemplation.
        Follow
        Author
      • Putting my work out there and knowing that I've done something that I love and succeeded in it. Got me getting published it's like someone saying, "we see you" and that is enough.
        Follow
        Author
      • It changed it a lot, in a manner that I got to understand that it wasn't about me but my readers. I remember I would fight my publishers for changing certain things in my book or erasing part of the things within the story that they deem unnecessary while I deemed necessary for some reason. But it's a good thing now that I know better.
        Follow
        Author
      • Dream even if your dream seems to be beyond your reach, for you can be anything and everything you want to be and never allow anyone tell you otherwise. You are enough and you'll always be.
        Follow
        Author
      • Exploitation of authors where publishers use propaganda to enrich themselves and the authors are left with nothing but dreams.
        Follow
        Author
      • I grew up liking telling stories, in a way that even when we were playing with my friends, they'd stop and ask me to tell them a story and I would just create something out of nowhere. I had a diary where I'd update everything about my day's events, these were all the things I was doing just for fun, until I got to Rosebank college where I realised my love and passion for writing. Guess it's true when the Bible says all things work for the greater good. I never thought of myself doing journalism, it wasn't even my third option. I wanted to be a lawyer, a social worker or a teacher. And God made sure I don't qualify on those but He knew my calling was painting with words.
        Follow
        Author
      • Enticing prelude. This is where everything begins. Once you lose your audience here, it's done. A book that can keep you hooked from the beginning to the end is worth a read. You should be able to engage with your readers as a writer. They should be able to have a picture of what you're trying to create in their heads. They should be able cry, laugh and smile with how your creativity comes into play when the story takes twists and turns. Your audience should be able to tell what you are trying to teach them and be left with innovative solutions.
      Allauthor
    • Writing can be an emotionally draining and stressful pursuit. Any tips for aspiring writers?
  • Click to comment..

Error:

Warning:

To Boost your book promotion
Feature Your Book
on AllAuthor