Ask Krys Rayne a question

Krys Rayne

Krys Rayne

Contemporary Romance Romantic Suspense
      • Krys Rayne Krys Rayne 1 year ago
        Follow
        Author
      • I think may are aware of it but there are so many kids that still don't read for fun. Today's generation is more interested in visual arts (electronics/media, etc).
    • AllAuthor AllAuthor 1 year ago
      Allauthor
    • What is that one thing you think readers generally don't know about your specific genre?
        Follow
        Author
      • I don't think they realize all the research romantic suspense authors have to go through. There are some things I still struggle with when it comes to research, especially when it comes to police procedure because there is a lot that you still can't find online.
      Allauthor
    • When you were young, did you ever see writing as a career or full-time profession?
        Follow
        Author
      • Nope, I always thought of it as a pipedream ;) I never thought it was something you could make actual money from.
      Allauthor
    • Have you ever incorporated something that happened to you in real life into your novels?
        Follow
        CurrentAuthor
      • Yes, that book is currently titled The Masquerade. It's not a true story but I incorporate a couple real life issues with fiction.
      Allauthor
    • Have you ever experienced "Writer's Block"? Any tips you would like to share to overcome it?
        Follow
        Author
      • Yes, sometimes when I have other issues going on in my life I feel writer's block really hard. Sometimes I just have to let it sit, but you don't want to stay away from your work for very long because it will never get done. I try to read or even watch movies. And that's when the writer's block starts to crumble and I can go back to my writing.
        Follow
        Author
      • YES! I know, I shouldn't read them, but it's this need I can't resist. I really want to know what people think of the book. The good reviews I get all giddy inside and emotional-like. The not so good reviews I take with a grain of salt and see what they didn't like about them. And I say to myself... okay. They didn't like it. You can't please everyone and that's just the way it is.
        Follow
        Author
      • If it was possible, I would give up my job. Its a mediocre job at the moment, but I'm hoping in time I can quit so I can work only as a full time author.
      Allauthor
    • What's the most difficult thing about writing characters from the opposite sex?
        Follow
        Author
      • Trying to figure out their reactions, wjhat they would say. I never had any guy friends growing up or brothers even. So most of my cues come from other books or tv. Sometimes from my male relatives. ;)
        Follow
        Author
      • My first "published" book was called, Crush: A Supermarket Romance. It's kind of on the eh side. I didn't do much but use my critique group and sent it to a line/copy editor before publishing. Now I still use the critique group, but I also used beta readers in addition, went back and edited again and sent off to a proofreader and then an "officiial" editor before publishing. I think it helped a lot better for my current book, Forget Me Not.
        Follow
        Author
      • Have patience, writing takes time to perfect. Also don't take other authors or readers opinions personally. Take everything someone tells you with a grain of salt because their opinions aren't the be all end all.
        Follow
        Author
      • When I was 15, I read Suddenly You by Lisa Kleypas. It was my very first romance novel and I said to myself I want to do that. I started seriously writing to publish since I was around 16 yrs old. Twenty years later, I FINALLY got my first book published and I couldn't be happier.
      Allauthor
    • Writing can be an emotionally draining and stressful pursuit. Any tips for aspiring writers?
        Follow
        Author
      • I know it's probably cliché but just keep writing. Don't let anyone hold you back and make friends with other authors, bloggers, go to online writing conventions. Learn everything you can from your genre and just keep on keeping on ;)
        Follow
        Author
      • I've never had that happen yet... but it's fun to see people when they realize what I do. And then there are the family and friends who tell me not to forget them when I make my millions lol.
  • Click to comment..

Error:

Warning:

To Boost your book promotion
Feature Your Book
on AllAuthor