Ask T.M Cicinski a question

T.M Cicinski

T.M Cicinski

Literary Fiction
    • AllAuthor AllAuthor 1 year ago
      Allauthor
    • Have you ever incorporated something that happened to you in real life into your novels?
      • T.M Cicinski T.M Cicinski 1 year ago
        Follow
        Author
      • The truth, in my experience, is that all authors are thieves. Whether consciously or unconsciously, we are constantly stealing from the world around us; things we have seen, things we have heard, things we have experienced, or imagined we have experienced. Therefore, to answer the question, there are many things in my works that either happened to me or that I imagined happening to me. However, that is not to say that there is a single moment within my works that could be said to be a accurate or photographic representation of reality as I have experienced it. When all is said and done, the job of the author is to take inspiration from the world, and then craft it to their will, shape it to meet a new purpose - the purpose of literature.
        Follow
        CurrentAuthor
      • I would tell my younger self not to worry. I would tell them that in 15 years time they will still be sitting down at their desk each day, still writing, still working on their craft, still improving and learning, and that they will still have made less money doing so, had less success, than if they had chosen instead to spend their life begging on the street. Yet, I would tell them that even after those 15 years, more or less, they will be happy, and gain as much satisfaction from writing as if they had made a million dollars doing so, probably, if truth be told, happier.
    • AllAuthor AllAuthor 1 year ago
      Allauthor
    • Writing can be an emotionally draining and stressful pursuit. Any tips for aspiring writers?
        Follow
        Author
      • All paths in life, if followed with dedication, can be draining and stressful. What one should ask oneself is simple. "Despite the stress and emotional turmoil you experience, do you like what you do? Does it make you happy? Does it bring you satisfaction? Does it make you feel as though you are flourishing as a human being?" If the answer to all of these questions is "yes", then keep writing. If not, perhaps the path of literature is not for you. Perhaps there is another path which will fulfil you. In terms of more concrete tips, there is one I would certainly give: do not to complain. If you choose to dedicate yourself to writing, you have done just that - you have chosen. No-one forced you to do so, and no-one, one would imagine, ever promised you that it would be easy. So if it's hard, it is hard. But you are always free to abandon it. There are many people who are obliged to do things that are hard, and unrewarding, and frustrating, who do not have the luxury of stopping. And they are those who have deserve the privilege of complaining about their lot.
  • Click to comment..

Error:

Warning:

To Boost your book promotion
Feature Your Book
on AllAuthor