Ask Shaelynn Long a question

Shaelynn Long

Shaelynn Long

Contemporary Romance Paranormal Romance LGBT Fantasy Teen & Young Adult Poetry
      • Shaelynn Long Shaelynn Long 3 months ago
        Follow
        Author
      • I do. I shouldn't, but I do. I've been really lucky in that all of my reviews thus far have been pretty positive. Even when someone didn't fall in love with my book, they've been kind, which I really appreciate. I try to keep in mind that not everyone is going to love my characters the way I love them or think that the twists in my stories are as awesome and fun as I think they are. Not all books for me, and I need to have that same mindset when it comes to readers and my stories.
    • AllAuthor AllAuthor 3 months ago
      Allauthor
    • Have you ever experienced "Writer's Block"? Any tips you would like to share to overcome it?
        Follow
        Author
      • Yes, unfortunately. I think most writers have, at least once. Overcoming it, for me, is about finding sparks. I go outside, read books in genres I don't typically peruse, research things that are interesting to me, look at art, listen to music... all kinds of things. If that doesn't work, I just make myself sit down and write. Who cares what I actually put down, but it's the act of writing that I sometimes need to jolt myself out of whatever mind-funk I'm in.
        Follow
        Author
      • Care less about what other people think. Generally, too, not just when it comes to writing. When it comes to writing, though, stay in love with your ideas. Don't listen when people disparage the genres you love.
    • AllAuthor AllAuthor 3 months ago
      CurrentAllauthor
    • Writing can be an emotionally draining and stressful pursuit. Any tips for aspiring writers?
        Follow
        Author
      • Try to dampen the noise. Prioritize your writing and ideas. Be gentle with yourself. Also, balance can be an annoying thing to aim for, but it really helps--balance out the writing with other things so that you can remain excited about the writing.
  • Click to comment..

Error:

Warning:

To Boost your book promotion
Feature Your Book
on AllAuthor