Ask Michael Jack Webb a question

Michael Jack Webb

Michael Jack Webb

Thriller Suspense Mystery Supernatural Suspense Action & Adventure Historical Fiction Christian Fiction
      • Michael Jack Webb Michael Jack Webb 4 years ago
        Follow
        Author
      • I decided I wanted to write the "Great American Novel" in my early thirties. Started writing, and it took 7 years to get my first novel published. Decided in my fifties I wanted to be a full-time author. Still working to make that happen, lol.
    • AllAuthor AllAuthor 4 years ago
      Allauthor
    • If you could have been the original author of any book, what would it have been and why?
        Follow
        Author
      • There are two, really.

Ben Hur. I've read the book and watched the movie--with Charlton Heston in the lead role--once a year. Saw the movie when I was in High School, and it had a life-changing impact on my life. Read the book many years later. It's such a powerful story of love, loss and redemption, conflict, and forgiveness. I aspire to write that kind of novel. It's a hard goal to live up to. One thing on my writing bucket list is my dream to write a sequel to Ben Hur. Have always been curious about what happened to him later in his life. Must admit, though, the story will be a tough act to follow.

My choice tied for first place is the Lord of the Rings trilogy. Was introduced to the novels in Junior High, devoured them, read them again in college, and a third time in my 30's. Watched the movies several times as well. Tolkien's life work impacted me on many levels and still is one of my all time favorite trilogy. The plot and character development are extraordinary and timeless. Like Ben Hur, the story, characters, and settings have long outlived the authors imagination. This makes them timeless.

I endeavor to write those type of stories, with characters that have depth, and plots keeping you guessing and scratching your head. When I finish a novel like these it's as if I've eaten a 5-Star, 10-course meal. I have a long way to go to achieve what J.R.R.Tolkien and Lew Wallace have done.
        Follow
        Author
      • I enjoy hearing from readers, whether directly or through reviews. The good ones encourage me, especially when I doubt myself. The ones that aren't encouraging make me wonder what specifically the reader didn't like and why. If there is enough information in a less-than desired review, I want to know if there is anything I can do to improve my writing. Sometimes, it's simply a case of the reader expecting one thing and getting another. I don't focus on the negative. I write to glorify God first, and entertain and captivate my readers second. As long as I stay focused on those to priorities, in that order, the rest works itself out.
    • AllAuthor AllAuthor 4 years ago
      Allauthor
    • Have you ever incorporated something that happened to you in real life into your novels?
        Follow
        Author
      • Many of the dramatic, supernatural occurrences in my stories actually happened to me in one form or another, or I've documented that they've happened to others. Having said that, there are moments when I exaggerate the supernatural encounters for literary purposes. I also incorporate a lifetime of business and personal interactions and experiences into everything I write. Many times, life is as, or more, dramatic than fiction.
  • Click to comment..

Error:

Warning:

To Boost your book promotion
Feature Your Book
on AllAuthor