Ask Lisa Slater a question

Lisa Slater

Lisa Slater

Suspense Mystery Romantic Suspense Romance Western Romance Women's Fiction
    • AllAuthor AllAuthor 3 years ago
      CurrentAllauthor
    • Writing can be an emotionally draining and stressful pursuit. Any tips for aspiring writers?
      • Lisa Slater Lisa Slater 3 years ago
        Follow
        Author
      • Aspiring writers, three L's: Live, Learn, and Long.

Sometimes the scariest thing for a writer to do, is to Live. We, in general, are quite comfortable in our artist mode, tucked safely away from noise and the cluster of people. But to live outside those comfort areas forces us to grow, and in turn, become better writers because of it. Which leads us to Learn.

My advice, in any category, is to keep learning. Never stop. My niece once told my that she wanted to take horseback riding lessons from me because I knew all there was to know. To which I replied, "If I knew everything, I'd be dead."

The third L is Long. Long sort of summarizes our entire passion for writing, and our journey through it. Long to Live. Long to Learn. Long to write. Keep that fire alive, both in yourself, and your readers
      • like (1)
      • Lisa Slater Lisa Slater 3 years ago
        Follow
        Author
      • For me, the best thing about writing would be limits. There are none! Sure, there are rules -lots of them- but as they say, rules were meant to be broken. Some of them (wink).

When writing, the author creates, without boundaries, every last detail. It's a time and a place where we put the judgement of others aside, and just write. The freedom is unlike any other. The mind is permitted, and encouraged, to go wherever it may.

I find it to be much like a treasure hunt, with no map. The treasure ends up being the trek, and the view of where you have been. Perhaps even, where you are going.
  • Click to comment..

Error:

Warning:

To Boost your book promotion
Feature Your Book
on AllAuthor