Ask Johanna M Rae a question

Johanna M Rae

Johanna M Rae

Paranormal Romance Fantasy
      • Johanna M Rae Johanna M Rae 3 years ago
        Follow
        Author
      • Choosing the right playlist. Music is essential for me, when writing. Every character I write has their own individual playlist. As soon as it begins, the character awakens in my head. This can be a problem if I hear certain songs in public places... and makes the 'need' to write very strong!
    • AllAuthor AllAuthor 3 years ago
      Allauthor
    • Have you ever incorporated something that happened to you in real life into your novels?
        Follow
        Author
      • I would never duplicate anything from real life exactly. However, there are many times where I have taken a base idea and adapted it to fit my story, or drawn from the raw emotions of an experience - rather than the experience itself. There is a little piece of me in every character I write, and every book features at least one character who possesses a caffeine addiction. (Like me...)
    • AllAuthor AllAuthor 3 years ago
      Allauthor
    • Have you ever experienced "Writer's Block"? Any tips you would like to share to overcome it?
        Follow
        Author
      • Writer's block is rare for me. On the few occasions it has happened, I've come to realize I was trying to push the characters in a direction they did not wish to go. Since I'm a character-driven author (rather than plot-driven) this is bound to cause problems. As long as I listen to my characters, and go with my instincts, writer's block isn't a problem. The only other thing that has held me back is when I've not been able to use my music playlists. The words do not come so easily if I have to write in silence.
        Follow
        Author
      • Yes, I read every review. No author will ever get one hundred percent positive feedback. I believe every opinion matters. Even negative feedback or critical comments can be used to an author's advantage, upon the journey of self-improvement. I try not to take the negative ones to heart.
        Follow
        Author
      • After publishing my first book, and realizing I could follow my dream of being an author, I learned to follow my heart more. Once I received favorable feedback for that first book, I let go of self doubt, and began to have a lot of fun with the characters and worlds I'd created. Now, I really enjoy the creation of new works. The characters have become like old friends.
        Follow
        Author
      • I have been a storyteller from the moment I was able to talk. My imagination has always been greater than I know what to do with. Writing books is the perfect outlet! My first publication was in 2011. I now have seven novels and two poetry collections.
  • Click to comment..

Error:

Warning:

To Boost your book promotion
Feature Your Book
on AllAuthor