Ask R. Leonia Shea a question

R. Leonia Shea

R. Leonia Shea

Action & Adventure Humor Fantasy
    • AllAuthor AllAuthor 6 years ago
      Allauthor
    • If you could choose three people to invite for a dinner party, who would they be and why?
    • report
    • like
    • reply
      • R. Leonia Shea R. Leonia Shea 6 years ago
        Follow
        Author
      • Colleen McCullough because I loved her Masters of Rome Series (I've read it at least three times); Anthony Bourdain because he always said exactly what he was thinking and he would add so much to any conversation (who am I kidding? I'd also make him cook), and Simon Sinek because he always makes sense and speaks to a deeper part of me.
      • report
      • like
      • reply
    • AllAuthor AllAuthor 6 years ago
      CurrentAllauthor
    • Have you ever incorporated something that happened to you in real life into your novels?
    • report
    • like
    • reply
      • R. Leonia Shea R. Leonia Shea 6 years ago
        Follow
        Author
      • Naturally! I've actually written scenes without realizing I was basing them on real life, and then a few years later, reread them and thought, "Oh my! That's when x happened!" It's both cool and terrifying to realize that your subconscious takes over sometimes.
      • report
      • like
      • reply
      • R. Leonia Shea R. Leonia Shea 6 years ago
        Follow
        Author
      • I spent my summers gardening with my dog, but when she went blind, she didn't enjoy being outside as much. I took up writing to spend time talking to and petting her on the living room floor. She loved my writing, so I kept going. I've been writing since 2009, and while I've had to take a 6-year break due to the responsibilities of real-life, I'll admit I'm happiest spending my days in my fictional settings with my imaginary friends.
      • report
      • like
      • reply
    • AllAuthor AllAuthor 6 years ago
      Allauthor
    • Writing can be an emotionally draining and stressful pursuit. Any tips for aspiring writers?
    • report
    • like
    • reply
      • R. Leonia Shea R. Leonia Shea 6 years ago
        Follow
        Author
      • Pay attention to your mood before you start writing because it will always show in your work. If you're not in the right frame of mind to keep your book's emotional tone consistent, you'll spend time re-writing those scenes later.
      • report
      • like
      • reply
      • R. Leonia Shea R. Leonia Shea 1 year ago
        Follow
        Author
      • Find something that gets you away from your screen! Go for a drive, a walk, just PLAY - when you're occupied with something else, the muse sometimes starts to whisper. And when the muse is giving you great direction, don't stop writing - being in the zone, the flow, the world you're building - is the ultimate goal, but the fact that the moment is elusive makes it special.
      • report
      • like
      • reply
  • Click to comment..

Error:

Warning:

To Boost your book promotion
Feature Your Book
on AllAuthor