Ask Astrid V.J. a question

Astrid V.J.

Astrid V.J.

Romance Fantasy
    • AllAuthor AllAuthor 3 years ago
      Allauthor
    • Have you ever incorporated something that happened to you in real life into your novels?
      • Astrid V.J. Astrid V.J. 3 years ago
        Follow
        Author
      • Strangely enough, it's the other way round. I manifested something six months after I wrote it into my book and it changed my life for the better.
        Follow
        Author
      • Yes, always. The good reviews help sustain me on rainy days, and the bad reviews are good for me because they make me strive to do better, or they show me where I got things right and ended up getting under a reader's skin. Yes, it's uncomfortable to make people uncomfortable, but I find there's no real point to my writing if it doesn't make people think.
        Follow
        CurrentAuthor
      • In my early years, I wrote by hand and then transferred everything to a pc as a second step. I've cut this part of the process entirely. I need to think about the planet and my time. Writing by hand just takes too much time and I need to save trees.
        Follow
        Author
      • It's okay to put yourself out there. There will always be lovers and haters. You don't have to be afraid of negativity.
        Follow
        Author
      • I've been writing for more than twenty years. I started when I was twelve. My mother read a lot of books to me and by the time I was in my early teens we'd gone through most of Tolkien's works and were getting into Harry Potter and Phillip Pullman's His Dark Materials trilogy. The inspiration struck me while reading a non-fiction book, but it was fuelled by my dissatisfaction with the whiteness of the Fantasy genre. Having grown up in South Africa during the transition from Apartheid, I was very much driven to wanting my favourite genre to reflect my lived experience of multiculturalism. Because, who're we kidding. Whether they be elves, dwarves or men, to all intents and purposes they be white folk.
  • Click to comment..

Error:

Warning:

To Boost your book promotion
Feature Your Book
on AllAuthor