Ask Jessica Terry a question

Jessica Terry

Jessica Terry

Contemporary Romance Women's Fiction African American Interest
    • AllAuthor AllAuthor 4 years ago
      CurrentAllauthor
    • If you could choose three people to invite for a dinner party, who would they be and why?
    • report
    • like
    • reply
    • AllAuthor AllAuthor 4 years ago
      Allauthor
    • Writing can be an emotionally draining and stressful pursuit. Any tips for aspiring writers?
    • report
    • like
    • reply
      • Jessica Terry Jessica Terry 4 years ago
        Follow
        Author
      • Don't feel pressured to write when you're not feeling it. Step away if you need to. Set your own schedule. Do something to free your mind from it; I know for me, I like to read other things, watch movies, take walks outside...generally just take my mind off of it.
      • report
      • like
      • reply
      • Jessica Terry Jessica Terry 4 years ago
        Follow
        Author
      • I'll feel successful when people are clamoring for my books. Like, as soon as I put something out, people are clicking that BUY button. And they're eager to review and spread the word about my work.
      • report
      • like
      • reply
      • Jessica Terry Jessica Terry 4 years ago
        Follow
        Author
      • It would be 'It's All Right...Now.' I was in a totally different headspace when I wrote that book and it's the book I read and hype the least now. It's way more graphic than I would do it now.
      • report
      • like
      • reply
      • Jessica Terry Jessica Terry 4 years ago
        Follow
        Author
      • I've tightened up my writing over the years. When I got back and read over some of my earlier works, I can definitely see the difference in how I've learned to remove unnecessary stuff (i.e. like adding "or something" to sentences or phrases).
      • report
      • like
      • reply
    • AllAuthor AllAuthor 4 years ago
      Allauthor
    • Have you ever incorporated something that happened to you in real life into your novels?
    • report
    • like
    • reply
      • Jessica Terry Jessica Terry 4 years ago
        Follow
        Author
      • Oh yeah, several times. A couple of my books are largely directly based on big things that have happened to me ('It's All Right...Now,' 'Not By a Long Shot', mainly). There other small things sprinkled throughout other books, like using past professions or other small things like that.
      • report
      • like
      • reply
    • AllAuthor AllAuthor 4 years ago
      Allauthor
    • Have you ever experienced "Writer's Block"? Any tips you would like to share to overcome it?
    • report
    • like
    • reply
      • Jessica Terry Jessica Terry 4 years ago
        Follow
        Author
      • I've absolutely experienced writer's block. I know some authors don't believe in it, but I certainly do. There are times when I want to write but it's just not happening. The words just eek out and I feel like I'm forcing it, and that doesn't work for me. So I just leave it alone for a while.
      • report
      • like
      • reply
      • Jessica Terry Jessica Terry 4 years ago
        Follow
        Author
      • Not really. I'm working my way up to that. As an author, I'm well aware to be prepared for any kind of feedback if I'm gonna put my books out there. But that doesn't necessarily mean I want to see people not loving my books. lol It comes with the territory, though.
        So usually, I don't read them at all, good or bad. I'm slowly easing into peeking at them, though.
      • report
      • like
      • reply
  • Click to comment..

Error:

Warning:

To Boost your book promotion
Feature Your Book
on AllAuthor