Ask Ian Richard Gill a question

Ian Richard Gill

Ian Richard Gill

Action & Adventure Literary Fiction LGBT Humor Science Fiction Fantasy Poetry
    • AllAuthor AllAuthor 2 years ago
      Allauthor
    • Have you ever experienced "Writer's Block"? Any tips you would like to share to overcome it?
    • like (1)
      • Ian Richard Gill Ian Richard Gill 2 years ago
        Follow
        Author
      • The only times that I have experienced writer's block were those that came to me when I was mentally tired. At those times I just put it away, and came back to it when I had gotten some rest. Usually, if I am ready to write I just sit in front of my keyboard, and the words flow.
      • like (1)
      Allauthor
    • What's the most difficult thing about writing characters from the opposite sex?
    • like (1)
      • Ian Richard Gill Ian Richard Gill 1 year ago
        Follow
        Author
      • Everyone has issues that they must deal with, so I don't have any problems with this. I simply write all of my characters as real, feeling human beings, each with a spectrum of issues of their own. For example, Helen's issue is related to a workplace accident that occurred a very long time in her past. She was unknowingly exposed to a compound which severed the download link for her memories for twenty-five years. Now she has to deal with fact that she has no recollection of the first twenty-five years of her relationships with her grandchildren. Other characters have different issues, but none are purely male or female in nature. The Androgenari, for example are both male and female in a single body, so they can experience both sides of this coin.
        Follow
        Author
      • I was a sick kid. Born with a heart defect, I could not run and play with the other kids, so instead I turned to reading, (mostly Science Fiction). Seeing the fantastical worlds produced by writers like Huxley, Herbert, Wyndham and others, I found that I wanted to create my own. I have been writing since I was 10 years old (give or take). I published my first novel in 2021.
      Allauthor
    • Have you ever incorporated something that happened to you in real life into your novels?
    • like (1)
        Follow
        CurrentAuthor
      • Absolutely. Many of the story lines and characters are flavored by bits and pieces, places and people from my own experiences. I'm certain that most writers use these things.
  • Click to comment..

Error:

Warning:

To Boost your book promotion
Feature Your Book
on AllAuthor