Ask Barbara Goss a question

Barbara Goss

Barbara Goss

Historical Romance Romance Western Romance Christian Fiction
      • Barbara Goss Barbara Goss 4 years ago
        Follow
        Author
      • Being published by a publisher was an ego-builder, but it didn't make me feel successful. I feel successful when a reader messages me that my story touched her heart, or how good the book was. That's success.
        Follow
        CurrentAuthor
      • Not to info dump. Show not tell. If you have a lot of back story to tell, do it slowly here and there and in conversation. I hate to pick up a book and the whole first chapter is back story. Not to get bogged down in too much detail. Unless it's pertinent to the story.... less detail. Now the do's, do jump inside your characters so you know what they'd say and do. Do use a professional editor. You might think because you were an A English student you can edit and maybe you can, but not your own work because your eyes will see what you want them too, and you won't cut a word out even if it's redundant. We writers love all our words.
        Follow
        Author
      • I wanted to give back to God for all He'd done for me. I've felt His help all along my journey. I started writing in 1988, was published by Fleming Revell, for two, two-book contracts. My books were in Christian book stores all over the country and Germany. They still appear used on Amazon under my maiden name: Barbara Masci.
  • Click to comment..

Error:

Warning:

To Boost your book promotion
Feature Your Book
on AllAuthor