Ask Kester James Finley a question

Kester James Finley

Kester James Finley

Supernatural Suspense Fantasy Horror
      • Kester James Finley Kester James Finley 4 years ago
        Follow
        Author
      • I think a few of the hardest parts about my artistic process comes about at the start and the end of my work. I have a tendency to be a huge procrastinator when it comes to writing and can easily avoid it for menial tasks if allowed. Forcing myself to sit and write when it needs to be done is a continued effort until I can finally write "the end" on that last page.

The second difficult part of my process tends to center on creating a blurb for the back cover info and for the retailer locations. I overwrite, horribly overwrite and trying to cut words, shrink sentences, and include as much information without giving too much away is sometimes a losing battle in frustration. It would not surprise me if more time is spent blurb writing that completing a full outline for one of my books.
      • like (1)
      • Kester James Finley Kester James Finley 4 years ago
        Follow
        Author
      • During the process of publishing my first book, I had to navigate the entire process without any prior knowledge. I did everything wrong, it was truly a trial by fire. Since diving into the world of indie authors and self-published writers I collected any information my scrambled mind could take in and learned to be more efficient and avoid some of the same pitfalls I had encountered originally.

Once you've gone through it the first time, you learn, you grow, you find new solutions that work for you. You become a better writer after experiencing it and after learning from others. I found tactics and strategies that I could apply from others that allowed me to better create, to produce, to continue.
      • like (2)
  • Click to comment..

Error:

Warning:

To Boost your book promotion
Feature Your Book
on AllAuthor